The Lord is near to all who call on Him. Keeping a strong connection to God is a challenge to all who practice the faith. With the world in shambles in all aspects of living, people are wandering off to dangerous places and risky behaviors. However, what does the Lord say when you hit a low point in your life?
Here are a few Bible verses that will guide you through your journey on keeping a strong Christian connection to God:
– “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make straight your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
– “Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” (John 7:38)
– “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” (Matthew 21:22)
– “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
– “Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)
The Lord not only wants to let you know that He is always present for you, but He also shows it through all your answered prayers. In keeping a strong connection with God, despite everything that my family and I have encountered, the storm was just the peak of how my strength in faith has proved a blessing for me and my father. From randomly finding a pack of C-batteries inside the store to the kind lady who offered her phone within 30 seconds after praying for a chance to get a hold of one… These are just the little things that the Lord, our God, has made possible through our communion with Him in prayers.
by Cheryl Hawkins